The towable Backhoe is a no-nonsense machine that has an operating radius of approximately 130 degrees and a 9.9 HP, four-stroke OHV motor. The backhoe comes with a 9 inch bucket. At the construction site, you can walk the bakchoe with the bucket by pushing or pulling the machine with the boom arm. More towable backhoe features are listed below:
Digs to 7 Feet Deep | Reaches Up to 8 Feet | Ripping Force Approximately 4,500 Pounds | Four Double-Action Hydraulic Cylinders | Max Lifting Weight of Approximately 1,800 Pounds
14 inch bucket with teeth ( rip bucket) & 24 Inch Bucket smooth—$350.00 Each when you purchase the bucket with the machine. A later purchase will add shipping costs.
- 4-stroke OHV engine, 9.9 HP
- Fuel type: regular unleaded
- Starter: Recoil starter
- Weight: approx. 1150lbs without fluids
- Weight with packing: approx. 1180lbs
- Boom swing angle range: 130 degrees
- Digging depth: 7 feet approx.
- Reach: 8 feet approx.
- Load capacity: 420lbs ( buckets )
- 9″ bucket included in delivery
- Trailer coupling and towing mechanism included 2″ ball
- Wheels and support axles exchangeable for transport
- 4 double acting hydraulic cylinders
- 2 lever control valve
- Dimensions of packaging: 88 x 39 x 33 (LxWxH)
- Amount of engine oil: approx. 1 Q (10W40 or 15W40)
- Hydraulic oil volume: 4gal (HLP46)
- Total length: 127″
- Width of supports: 78″
- Width of the grey mainframe: 37″
- max. height: 77″
- hydr. pump 3.8g/m
- steel 3 1/16 ” to 1/4 “
Important: Shipping usually takes about 10-14 business days for residential addresses. It can take up to 4 weeks for some rural areas.
The estimated delivery time does not always reflect the actual delivery date. Liftgate requests and residential deliveries could add to the estimated delivery date.
MB-300 Backhoe FAQ’s
What color is the machine?
They are all silver and black.
Do they have a tow hitch?
Yes, it has a 2” ball hitch.
How big is the machine when it is put together?
It is 6th wide from outside of the wheel to outside of the other wheel. When the boom is curled in it is 10ft long.
Is assembly difficult?
No. It is a 5 piece puzzle, best for 2 people.
What kind of Hydraulic fluid does the machine use?
You need a 5-gallon bucket of 10 weight Hydraulic fluid. We use the R&O 85-105 from Napa auto parts. Tractor Supply has a universal hydraulic fluid that will work fine. Or you can google cross-references for 10 weight hydraulic fluid in your area.
How much hydraulic fluid do I need?
The machine will start to run smoothly with about 4 gallons in the system.
What kind of wheels does it come with? Can I tow it on the road?
The wheels that come with the backhoe are 16”, 35mph off-road wheels. Perfect for towing the machine with a small tractor or ATV. They are not rated for roads or highways.
Do you have parts in stock?
Yes, we have almost every part in stock at our warehouse in Arizona.